Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Crafts

Here are some of the Christmas crafts that we made in December.  My favorite is the large elves using the kids' faces.  They really made our hallway happy!  I wish I had taken a photo of the hallway display of them, but I didn't.  Our tree was decorated with ornaments that the kids colored on the hot pad to make the crayon melt as they colored.  They also made the "lights" on the tree.  Each light bulb had a letter of the student's name to create a light strand.  It turned out really cute!  







Hanging on our art wall in the hallway were the mini elves with the kids' faces and their reindeer.  They used the hot pad again to color the elves.  Too cute!!!






I found all of these ideas on Pinterest!  

Next we made the Grinch.  I found pictures of these on Pinterest but couldn't find a pattern, so I just made up one! With the help of sweet Elizabeth and the construction paper copier, we were able to print these babies out!   I LOVE these!  I love how even though they kids had all the same "parts" of the Grinch to assemble, their little personalities show through with how they put them altogether. Precious!  






The last week before Christmas break we watched the old cartoon version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" using my projector and white board. (I can't wait until the Promethean is installed!)  After watching it, the students wrote how they would "make the Grinch grin".  We attached it to the bottom of the Grinch craft and "waaala" ~ a masterpiece!


The last thing that we did was listen to the song "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch".  Afterward, we brainstormed adjectives that could describe the Grinch.  Here's the sheet that we completed afterward.  I got it off of Pinterest as well!  
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment