Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Visit From an Author!


We had a wonderful visit from John Brooks,  the author of the book series Bobby Bright's Christmas Heroics.  He is also the "voice of OU" (so I am told).  I haven't read his book, but it sounds very interesting.  It is about a light bulb on a Christmas tree that comes to life and makes all kinds of mischief.  The students were mesmerized by his voice.  (I wish I could speak that way so that they would be just as captivated by me!)   His book was illustrated by some of the artists that did popular Disney movie illustrations.  It was cool for the students to actually see an author, since we talk about "the author of the story" all the time.  It was also neat to see and hear how the illustrations were made.  If you didn't get to order a book and are still interested, I believe you can order them from the school at a discounted price.  Here are some pictures from that day!  Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment