Monday, May 31, 2021

3/2/21 ~ Dr. Seuss Week/Wear a Mustache & Brown Shirt Day!


On Tuesday, our Dr. Seuss book was "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?"!  The kids could wear a mustache and a brown shirt!  Some kids just wore a mustache and some did both!  Here are the little mustache cuties!  I LOVE these!  

Of course, in the story about Mr. Brown, there are lots of adjectives.  I also introduced a great big word to the kids:  onomatopoeia!!!  I honestly had to use Siri to help me spell that word!  Whew!  That big word basically just means words that represent sounds.  The story of Mr. Brown has many sounds.  The kids did a sort of words that were adjectives or onomatopoeias!  


Below, you see this mustache trio of Simon, Brooks, and Lina!  I had little cards with QR codes on them.  The kids scanned the QR codes and were able to watch/listen to Dr. Seuss books!


Oh, Wiley!  What a great little mustache you have!  When the kids came. back to my teacher table, we did a Reader's Theater reading of Mr. Brown Can Moo!  What a FUN day!



I love this video of these two sweeties partner reading!  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment