Sunday, January 24, 2021

Are You Taller Than an Emperor Penguin?


The kids and I all had a blast learning about penguins!  The one we enjoyed the most is the Emperor Penguin!  I've known for a while that they are very large, so I decided this year to make one as close to the actual size of around 4 feet tall as possible.  Well, my Promethean board isn't quite tall enough, so when I placed this little big guy on the wall, I had to move it up some so that it would actually be around 4 feet tall. 


I had each kid come out and stand beside it to compare sizes. 


Grace is close to being as tall, but not quite!


Wiley is not quite as tall as the Emperor Penguin, but very close!




Madison is taller!


Lina is taller!




Zaylie is not quite as tall as this big penguin!






Anderson is very close!


Simon is super close.  I would almost say he's the same size!


James is about the same size!


Sierra is about the same size!


Marshall is taller!

Corbin is taller!


Cooper is definitely taller!


Lucy is not quite as tall as the penguin, but she sure is cuter!


Bowen is about the same.


Quinn is not quite as tall yet, but I'm sure she's way quicker!


Evan is definitely taller!




You're not quite that tall, little Miss Lola!


Here you see our hallway display of our penguin craft as well as our MLK collaborative poster!  



I hope you enjoyed the post!  You can ask your kid which square they colored on the MLK poster!  Our class poster is on the left!  I think it looks awesome!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment